58MM UV Filter
- ✔️ 58mm UV Filter for Select Canon, Nikon, FujiFilm, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax, Sony, Sigma, Tamron Cameras, Lenses, and Camcorders
- ✔️ If there is only one accessory you will purchase for the lens of your camera or camcorder, this should be the one - Most popular protection filter; ideal for indoor and outdoor photography
- ✔️ A UV filter serves to protect your lens from all dust, dirt, scratches and fingerprints. - Helps eliminate bluish cast in images
- ✔️ It also absorbs the Ultraviolet rays of the sun thereby reducing or eliminating distortion. Prevents loss of sharpness and contrast by filtering out UV rays
- ✔️ Our filters are manufactured from the finest solid optical glass, and are heat treated and multi-coated to ensure optimum picture quality. - Please verify your camera's lens thread size before ordering. Your camera's lens thread size will be marked somewhere on the lens barrel or printed underneath your lens cap. This number is always preceded by a "Ø" (diameter) symbol.
UV Protection Lens Filter
Enhance the quality of your outdoor photos with help from the UV filter. Considered the most popular protection filter, the UV protection filter helps reduce ultraviolet light for better-looking results, plus offers a welcome layer of protection for your camera lens. Whether novice or professional, capturing the great outdoors on film can be immensely rewarding. The UV protection filter helps take it to the next level of awesome.
UV Light Reduction
UV light can negatively affect images, creating a bluish cast on color film or a low-contrast haze on either color or black and white. These negative effects of UV light are particularly noticeable with outdoor photographs, especially when taken at high altitudes or over long distances. The UV protection filter helps absorb ultraviolet light, which in turn helps create clearer, more accurately vibrant photographs.
Protect your camera lens from dirt, dust, moisture, scratches, fingerprints, accidental knocks, and other damage with the UV filter. Designed for general use, the filter offers convenient everyday protection and can remain on the camera at all times. For digital cameras with auto correction and built-in filters that already prevent color cast, the UV protection filter works as a useful, every day, all-purpose lens protector.
What is UV (ultraviolet) light?
The visual spectrum—the light we see with our eyes—consists of the colors red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet. Mix them together and you get “white” light. The electromagnetic wavelengths of light are measured in terms of nanometers (nm), with the visual spectrum residing in the 390 to 750nm portion of the electromagnetic bandwidth.